Monday, December 17, 2012

FMM- Twelve in 2012

I wish I could have had a camera this week to show you what I see each day on my work walks. Yesterday was a quiet Rainy Sunday, the subway was not as packed, people where playing Christmas music in almost every stop I got off. I saw more kindness from others, it felt good to be walking in the rain...until I got to 34th street and people where going nuts about a new shoe release. Really? beats me. I sure hope Santa can afford to give me a camera soon.

Anyways, I am joining FMM again!


fmm
How do you feel about 2012?  Let’s discuss it, shall we?
Now…If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Twelve in 2012


1. What was your greatest personal accomplishment in 2012? uhm, perhaps getting a home again but that means that loosing our home was the biggest failure ever.
2. What’s the best thing your did for your health?  Probably getting to walk TONS. It was hard and painful at first, but now I do it like a trooper. My scale does not look much different but ALL my pants are falling off and need a belt. What's up with that?
3. Share one thing that caused a significant change in your life this year.  Moving to NYC. A shocker at first, I hated it and I cried a lot, now I kind of like it.
4. List a few things that you experienced for the first time at some point over the last twelve months.  
- The Belvedere Castle @ Central Park.

-Does going on the subway by myself and not getting lost count?.
- Our first NYC apartment and move! (if you ever do that, I beg of you to pay someone)
5. What was the coolest place you visited? So many, all NYC related: seeing more of Downtown, the stores, other parts of Central Park, new restaurants, etc.
6. If you could change one thing about the last year what would it be?  I would have much rather have a smooth move instead of being homeless, not have our stuff broken or stolen, but I have to say I DID learn something out of it and it force us to re-evaluated lots of things and prompted us to move to NYC.
7. What is the best meal you ate this year? a Burger I ate at Big Nicks NYC.

8. Tell us about a new friend you made.  well, the only real new friend is my my ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend :) but I have reacquaint with many old one's that I have not seen in years, thanks to living in New York.
9. What did you hope to accomplish this year that you did not?  Loose 20 pounds :(  I am not even going to get into it
10. Share something you learned in 2012.  I learned that 80% of people around you do not give a flying fuck about you. That of the other 20% only 10% would do whatever they can to help you, guide you and be there for you. That Money may not be important to me, but it certainly is for some people and that I am glad I got to see their true colors, finally. But not all is bad, some people really are angels!
11. Share an odd and unexpected thing that you experienced this year. Nothing odd per say, just a lot of odd people, I do live in NYC after all
12. How do you think 2013 will differ from 2012?  I believe that I will make good changes for my health and weigh now that we are getting settled. I will focus on the important things and not sweat the small stuff/people. To live to be a better me, no matter what others think. And to focus on giving back the love and support I received.
Happy Monday, now I'm off to make Brownies

4 comments:

Amanda Brown said...

I want to go to NYC sooo bad! I've never even been to that part of the country. My sister in law lives in DC so we are hoping to go see her, and see the city for a day while we are there. I can totally relate to a lot of this post and completely agree about the 80% not giving a crap about us. We just have to strive to make sure we are in the few percentage that does give a crap about other people.

Bailey @ Onederland or Bust! said...

I love NYC! I've been there twice now and hope to get there one day during the Christmas season :)

Carina said...

What an exciting/eventful 2012 you've had! Now that you're settled in, you'll kick butt and take names in 2013.

EmilyTheGood said...

It seems like overall, you've had a pretty fantastic year :)