I found out on my last post that the lovely Jenn has nominated me for a Liebster. Follow her link so you can see what is all about (sort of like paying it forward kind of thing).
Since I am up late searching for comfortable walking boots at Zappos I took a break and decided to do it!
Here it is:
1. State 11 personal facts.
2. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (no tag backs) and ask them random questions.
4. Complete your post.
5. Link up your post on the originating bloggers post.
Just the Facts:
- I have a favorite finger hehehe
- I cry ginormous sobs when I found out Michael Jackson died. I love him. True love last a lifetime. End of story.
- This one is bad. I find most of the people around me incredibly stupid. I know, that is horrible to say but I do. I have a very inquisitive mind and I love learning new things. To me someone who doesn't even bother to know where Cuba is just because it does not relate to them is ignorant.
- I do some sort of prayer everyday, I talk to what I believe is God in the most random places, walking around, in the subway, etc. I don't think anyone knows this because I don't think I am religious at all.
- I don't like licorice, gummy candies, twizzlers, hard cookies, pickles or cucumbers
- I hate when people say that someone's behavior is acceptable because that's just how they are. (i.e: "Oh don't pay attention to Sandra's hurtful comments, that's how she is") what a horrible excuse.
- I positively hate taking pills.
- I love to help people. I love making someone smile or making their day better. It gives me a great feeling when I know I can be of service
- I do not like modern art.
- I avoid confrontation at all cost, even when I know I am right. Specially because I can't never forget what others said and do to me. Forgiveness does not come easy for me...I will treat you with respect but I will never forget.
- Even though my life has been very hard at times, I do believe it will make for a great story to tell my grandkids one day.
Questions from Jenn to me:
1. If you were president for a day, what would you do/change and why?
I will give each family $5,000 it would not solve many problems but I know people can do a lot with unexpected money and help with any immediate need they have (or save it if they are fortunate enough)
I will also allow any immigrant that has been here for over 10yrs to get his US Citizenship.
Harder punishment for parole violators.
Gosh, should I keep going????
2. Who do you admire the most? And why? Can be someone living or deceased, real or imaginary.
Besides my parents (They raised 6 kids, no loans, no credit cards, all attended private schools, build their own home, they are HEROES to me) I would say The Character of Lorelai Gilmore because she always did and said what she meant
3. What is your favorite holiday? How do you celebrate that holiday?
Halloween in first place and Christmas in second.
When I had a home I used to go all out with fog machines, strobe lights, a Big Halloween party. Now is more simple since we have a Halloween Movie night in which we do some fun trivia. For Christmas we are planning to do a Hot chocolate gathering but I also love doing all the decor for the Holidays and walking around seeing all the pretty homes and stores.
4. What are you most afraid of?
loosing my home again
5. If you could choose a new profession, what would you do?
Makeup artist or translator, again because I would love to help people, plus makeup is so much fun!
OK, so most of the people on my list are also over the 100 mark but I will nominate this very special lady:
Jodi from And in my Corner- because she rocks!
My questions are:
-If you could go back and be any age for 1 year, which would it be and why?
-not including your family, which 5 people would you invite for an amazing dinner party? (could be famous, dead or alive)
-name 3 pet peeves
-your dream vehicle, make, model, color and why
-You have one week to go away, by yourself and $10,000 to spent on that week mandatory, where would you go?
Over & out