Tuesday, November 24, 2009

25 Questions

Today is a very cold and very rainy morning and I love every bit of it. I love the rain. I truly do. The smell of the rain makes me happy, it reminds me of when I was younger and the house next to ours had a tin roof, the smell of the rain when it falls on the earth and the sound of the tin roof is something that I will treasure forever. I want to have more of those happy memories. I want our kids to remember the little things like that instead of the Christmas they got a PlayStation. I want them to remember the smell of baked cookies and hot cocoa on the morning of Christmas and all of us around the tree in our PJ's. I want them to know how much I enjoyed being an 80's kid and how much fun we had playing outside, climbing the fence to the little school across the street to get "ciruelas' prunes (believe me, real prunes from the tree are delish). Going to the small market to get fried chicken liver with tostones (I am SO not kidding- we loved it) and walking around the main street downtown, running behind my Mom that ALWAYS had something to buy. Going to our Uncle store and playing with toys and hiding between the ginormous amount of stuff in it. Walking home, with a hot empanada in hand. Those are the memories I treasure and the kind I want them to have. I am dreaming of a new place where we can build this memories. I know its goign to happen soon!!!!



So with that note I figure I entertain you. I love reading these kinds of things in other people's blogs. Here is a little bit more about me:



1. If you could build a house anywhere, where would it be? Garden District,New Orleans or Santiago, DR.

2.What's your favorite article of clothing? Shoes

3.Favorite physical feature of the opposite sex? Shoulders, eyes and feet (yeah, I'm weird like that)

4.What's the last CD that you bought? I bought two: Michael Jackson's "This is it" 'cause I love him, not because he died and Sting 'If On a Winter's Night'

5.Where's your favorite place to be? On a Hotel in Puerto Plata , Dom. Rep. with my family

6. Where is your least favorite place to be? probably the bank (I hate banks- I rather go to the Dentist)

7.What's your favorite place to be massaged? my back and feet

8.Strong in mind or strong in body? Mind

9.What time do you wake up in the morning? depends on the little one, officially up by 6am

10. What is your favorite kitchen appliance? Tassimo Coffee maker but I secretly dream of owning a Kitchen Aid Mixer.

11.What makes you really angry? Disorganization and people who are mean to others.

12.If you could play any instrument, what would it be? it use to be Piano but now it's Violin

13. Favorite color? Purple (any shade of it)

14.Which do you prefer...sports car or SUV? SUV any day, hate small cars (except for a Mustang)

15. Do you believe in an afterlife? yes

16.Favorite children's book? Even though I love to read I don't have a favorite children's book. But I really enjoyed "1,001 Arabian Nights".

What is your favorite season? Fall- love, love, love it.

18. Your least favorite household chore? I love household chores, the only thing I never liked much was cooking and now I do.

19.If you could have one super power, what would it be? I want to be like Matilda and move things around :)

20.If you have a tattoo, what is it? I have 3: And Ivy around my ankle, a cherub on my shoulder and a Triquetra on my lower back

21.Can you juggle? please...

22. The one person from your past that you wish you could go back and talk to? My very first Boyfriend so I can tell him what an A$$ he was.

23. What's your favorite day? Thursday

24. What's in the trunk of your car? knive, rope, tape, handcuffs...hahahahaha- KIDDING. A mess: Stroller, wall art, a bag, witch hat, an umbrella, gloves, a baby tub, a gallon of water...etc

25. Which do you prefer, sushi or hamburger? sushi!!!


There you have it. What's on your list?

No comments: