Monday, February 6, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday- Habits


I was hoping to post before Monday came around but this weekend was a busy one. Sadly my friend's little Sister passed away Friday while she was at our house. She had been ill since the day she was born and surpassed her expectation of a year to live for 10...she was a fighter.

I don't want to make this a sad post because I believe she is happier now and in a better place so lets get going.


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and a


nswers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Habits

  1. Are you proactive, or do you procrastinate? I'm sort of a procrastinator. I tend to leave things for the last minute but I believe is because I work better under pressure.

  2. Do you eat breakfast everyday? If so, what’s a typical meal like? Yes. it has been the same for years now: Coffee and toast. Sometimes I'll add a boiled egg. If I had my way I would love french toast or eggs Benedict but I leave those for special occasions.
  3. How much time do you spend watching TV on an average day? Tons. I need background noise plus there are shows I love to watch such as Masterpiece Mystery, Grimm, Once upon a time, and of course CARTOONS!
    1. Do you talk on the phone, or do you prefer e-mail and/or text messages? I don't own a cell phone so no text here. When I had it I didn't get the whole texting with half words anyways. I do talk on the phone but is because we are so far away from everyone.
    1. Do you exercise in the morning, afternoon or evening? Having a kiddo around is whenever I get a chance, usually in the afternoons when he is taking a nap or when my oldest can watch him for me.
        1. Do you take time for yourself regularly? I try. I love doing Manicures and Pedis, also I take shopping breaks.
        1. How often do you make your bed? Every. single.day. I hate seeing a messy bed.
  1. Do you plan meals? If so, how far in advance? some what. I used to do a 2 week meal plan, then I change it up. I usually know at least a day ahead what I'm making.
  2. Do you wake up at the same time everyday? Nope. Weekdays I'm driving everyone to and from Train stations and college, running errands, etc. On the weekends the Hubs lets me sleep in so I can rest since I suffer from insomnia.
  3. How often do you brush your teeth? Having 9 Dentist in my family (or is it 10?) really made a number on me. Although since my last pregnancy I HATE brushing my teeth (makes me nauseous) I do it 3 times a day. Morning, after lunch and before bed. And I do floss, do whitening and mouth wash.

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! And if you have an idea for FMM, e-mail me. Your ideas could be the subject of a future FMM! Happy Monday friends!

Over & out :)

11 comments:

Carina said...

Came by from FMM. That's crazy that you have so many dentists in your family! I also have learned to deal with long phone calls b/c we're also away from family, so it's really the only way to stay in touch. And one more commonality -- we're also getting into Grimm.

That Dayum DeeDee said...

Ahhh Another TV watcher. I absolutely love Once upon a time and I also watch Grimm as well ( my daughter loves for us to watch shows together so I end up getting hooked on all of the kiddie programs)

Kat said...

We watch both Once Upon a Time and Grimm too (although I like Grimm a little better)! Very good shows. :)

10 dentists?? Wow - no wonder you take good care of your teeth! I always brush once, because I should, and because my mouth tastes terrible when I wake up (even if I do brush right before bed!). And I floss like a crazy person.... but otherwise I'm pretty lazy. :P

illiterate said...

Thats really interesting that brushing your teeth during pregnancy made you nauseous. I want babies, no doubt, but these little offshoot downsides scare the pants off of me! Glad to hear it wasn't too much a deterrent :P Stopping by from FMM!

Sita said...

10 Dentists? Wow! That's great! When I was pregnant I also thought toothpaste made me nauseous! I had to learn to deal with it though! I wouldn't NOT brush my teeth! LOL

Jenn said...

Wow! 10 dentists! I wonder if I would floss more if I had them in my family. It's one thing I know I need to work on but my hygienist does thank me for the good job I do with the brushing.

I think it's funny that you still don't like the toothpaste after being pregnant. I still can't eat fish or smell it for that matter - my little guy is three.

Jenn said...

And I am so very sorry to hear about your friend's sister! That is so sad!

Anonymous said...

My sympathies for your friend's sister.

I love French Toast and would be in hog heaven if I could eat it everyday.

Hope you have a great week.

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

Yeap, I do have TOO many Dentist, is like the family thing. Some people are all Lawyers or Doctors, we picked Dental! JAJAJA I have many cousins (7), my aunt, my Sister, my Brother in law (married to another Sis) and right now my BIL from the Hubs side too...

Lisa said...

I've seen a bunch of your comments about not being a morning person - at family gatherings, one sister & I are morning people and the other sister & the nieces are not. Linda and I are the most despised people there!! LOL!

Sorry to hear about your friend's sister. She was just a baby! I hope she's a peace now.

Stopping in from FMM - hi!

PlumPetals said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's sister :( My thoughts are with her family.

I can definitely relate to working better under pressure -- but oh my goodness, sometimes the pressure is so much I wonder why I put myself through it!