Hello peeps. I have been away trying to clean up this place, reconnecting with friends and mostly vegging out. I feel so tired from always being on the go with the Mom-ster and although I miss her, my achy feet do not.
This weeks FMM is about online dating, I'm married now but at one point I also dabbed on meeting people online. I hope you join in so I can hear some funny stories!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Online Dating
- Have you ever tried online dating? Yes, yes I have *sigh*
- If you’ve done it, what did you like about it? What did you dislike? I like the idea of meeting new people I would not have met otherwise. I'm not a bar hoping kind of gal so it was hard to find places to meet people (plus I was alone living in a new country). I hate not really knowing who I'm connecting with.
- If you haven’t done it, would you? If you have done it, would you do it again? Why or why not? No, I don't think I would give it a shot again. I was willing to meet people and when I saw a few of them they look different. But even then I didn't back down and gave them a chance. One ASS wipe was so rude to me (even thought he was the one deceiving me) and that pissed me off. I should have just bolted the minute I saw him.
- What precautions would you take before going out with someone that you met online? Talk on the phone and these days maybe do a back ground check.
- Do you have a favorite dating site? If so, what is it? Not really.
- What questions would you ask before agreeing to a date? I used to ask about their goals, what they did, what kind of things they like to do, books they read, etc.
- How long would you correspond with someone online before meeting them? I don't remember how long it was but probably a couple of weeks.
- In your opinion, what are the pros to meeting someone online? the chance to met someone who otherwise would not have a chance to meet, get to know them a little without having to be face to face trying to sound cool.
- In your opinion, what are the cons of online dating? you not always get what you want. Also there is no comparison to that connection you get when you first met someone, see their eyes and like them. I also learn that 5'9" is actually really, really short :)
- Share a funny or embarrassing online dating experience with us if you have one. There was one guy who seemed very nice online and I agree to met him in Manhattan, NY since I was living in NJ. When I show up to the place he was really short and sort of nerdy looking but I say, heck you can hurt someone by just turning around a leaving him there (it was a very public place so he did not see me). We went out to dinner, he was really nice and we had great conversation. Afterwards we decided to walk and right when we where passing St. Patrick's Cathedral he turned and asked me if I liked to be spanked....I decided right there and then to head for the train. (not that I'm opposed to it but that was so odd for a first day it freaked me out).
Now it’s your turn! Don’t forget to post your answers then come back and link up in the comments!
Over & out