Monday, April 1, 2013

Friend Makin’ Mondays: Childhood Flashbacks


This weekend was full on: Friday we took the little guy (along with some Family that came from abroad and my SIL and BOL),downtown to NY Museum of Natural History, our little Dino buff kiddo was going INSANE which was awesome to watch. He had been several times to the ones in DC but this time it was so different for him, guess he is getting bigger. We also walked around, had lunch and ended up in Central Park.


Saturday night I went to Ladies Night for "Romance" articles. it was awesome, funny, the girls where very hilarious, great drinks, great food and we had a blast. And yes, there was some shopping done *wink*. Overall this weekend was awesome and I enjoyed having family around and just hanging with the girls   so  what better way to start a Monday than with:
wpid-friend-makin-monday-for-post3-300x179.jpg
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Childhood Flashbacks
1. Did you have a set bedtime as a child?  If so, what was it? Yes, but  not that early (9pm?) since we attended an afternoon Program at a Private School
2. Were you taught to be a member of the “Clean Plate Club?” Did it have affect your eating habits as an adult?  not really, we where told not to waste food but the few times I remember my Mom forcing me to finish was when I specifically asked her to make me something and then didn't want to eat it.
3. Share one thing that you were not allowed to do as a child. watch scary movies, I had to cover my eyes when people kissed on TV, must not cut my own hair (yeah, I tried), no jumping or screaming or loud music on Holy week, no 2 piece bathing suits (that was mostly my Dad) We had TONS of rules.
4. What is the cheapest gas price you can remember?  I remember when I was in college (17) and my father used to give us $100 pesos (about $3 dollars now) and I would fill up the tank of my Honda Civic. 20 years brings a LOT of change.
5. What was your favorite thing on the playground? no play ground, we rode our bikes, we play tag, we climbed trees to get fruit, I just loved hanging out with my friends.
6. Share one thing that your parents always made you do that you didn't like doing.  I guess  cooking (I like it now) by the time I was 10 I was a pro at cleaning and have been loving  it ever since; but Cooking not so much. 
7. Do you remember your first kiss?  If so, share the details!  I was 10, his name is Anthony and he is still a friend thru FB. We were the same age, he and another boy asked me out to be his "girl", I picked him and he gave me a tap kiss on the alley next door to my house.
8. Did you prefer to play inside or outside? outside, all the time.  I grew up in the Caribbean  there was nothing I wanted to do more than to be outside playing.
9. What was your favorite TV show growing up? not much since I was outside all the time. I did love Punky Brewster, Different Strokes and some Spanish show called "El Chavo"about neighborhood kids in Mexico.
10. Share one awesome childhood memory.  Always going to the beach, some times it was just for the day and we will bring our own picnic; others we would spent a whole week in a resort with a lot of our families, cousins, etc. it was AWESOME and I  realized how lucky we where to be able to do that all the time. 
Bonus: Share a picture of yourself as a child.  My 3rd Birthday :)


Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!  Happy Monday, my friends!
Over & out

No comments: