Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Birchbox box #1

I had mentioned before that I was trying Birchbox after hearing such great reviews from bloggers and youtube Gurus. The $10 a month, which includes the shipping, is something more doable for me. This is a first impression on my very first box.

I love their pretty pink box and the way the items are packaged

This is what came on my box, I noticed that sometimes they ran out of items and some people may received different items...


Cargo Lash Activator Mascara

Marvis Classic Mint Toothpaste

AHAVA Revival Bath Salt in Mandarin-Cedarwood

AHAVA Dermud Enriched Intensive Foot Cream

Pangea Organics Lip Balm


At first I was not impressed since I only got one makeup related item, the mascara, which by the way cost $35 and never would I've paid that much. I was glad to try it. Then I saw that the lip balm alone cost $12, I got a full size which means it cover the cost of the $10 and then some. As I researched these seem like all the items are great quality and a bit pricey, items that otherwise I would have never tried like a tooth paste from Italy {I swear by my Crest 3D white}.


Some of the previous items include NARS, Bennefit, Kiehls, Laura Mercier, Bare Minerals, etc.You also collect points for every box you get and additional items that you purchase full size.


So far I've tried the balm and the mascara, both which impressed me a great deal. I'm leaving the tooth paste for a guest that's coming this weekend. I think creating a little gift basket out of these kind of items would be so adorable and decadent.


Would I order again? yes. Definitely. I think the items are great, the samples are BIG and even if I don't try something I can give it in a cute makeup bag for one of my Sister's or niece. I think you should try it too.

Can't wait to get my next box!

Over & Out

No comments: