Monday, November 14, 2011

Today is your day

Wake up this morning by feeling 40lbs of pure energy jumping on my stomach and yelling "wake up mommy, wake up" then he proceeded to tickle me.
I smile because no matter how much I hate mornings this makes it worth getting up.

Drink coffee and the smells makes me smile again.

Open the windows and see is sunny out today. A while later the Hubs comes back from the market and shows Aiden he got him grapes. I laugh because his reaction would be that of a teenage boy that has just been gives a PS3, he loves fruit that much.

I hear thump, thump, thump and I see that they are placing new carpet on the hallways and stairs.

I decided to take it easy today so I just take everything out of the kitchen and clean it. The smell of clorox and soap makes me happy. Aiden slides in to help out with the broom.

I have to drive the big kid to college in the PM, then pick him up...I think how lucky I am that he is a dreamer, that has so many plans for the future.

I come home to do my exercise and Aiden, who decided that a nap was contra productive runs out of the room and joins me and encourages me by yelling :"kick mommy, kick" followed by an amazing laugh.

These days he gets into everything, has broken a few Christmas Ornaments (yeah, I'm all ready for the Holidays, whooa, whoooa), gets the gallon of milk from the fridge and tips over chairs. I'm thinking Quarterback right now.

The Hubs is home sick and he is driving me insane because men are such babies.

Today was ordinary and so extraordinary at the same time. They are challenges that I cannot predict and have to roll with the punches...like my money not being in my account and not able to go food shopping like I had plan until I get this resolve...but is ok.

I have a choice to make the best of it, to be in the moment, to be grateful of what we have, a loving needy Hubs, healthy and active boys, a roof still over our heads. My kid can eat grapes and has milk in the fridge for him. How many do not have as much today?

You got to stop worrying for what you don't have and LOVE what you do, you will be happier.
Choose to be there in the moment, choose to enjoy the moment when the kid is still a kid.

No...this is not all my doing..I've been watching some of Oprah's life class (if you can believe I've never been a fan of hers, but the timing of this series has been fantastic for me) and watching Randy Pausch Last lecture...if you can, please go see it on Youtube.

Life is beautiful if we choose it to be.

Happy Monday and Happy thoughts today...

Over & out.

No comments: