Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Big C Part Deux

It may sound stupid and silly but I needed to vent about this. I just came back from two days of driving back and forward on 4 hrs of sleep, to see my brother. He had an emergency surgery last night. So far we found out that he was hiding that he has Colon Cancer Stage 4 which has already spread to other organs.

They told us the Chemo and Radiation will not cure him, they are trying to prolong his life, but yesterday he had to be resuscitated and have the emergency operation because of a rupture.

He is talking and the pain is under control with the medication but the Dr. told me that he can't guarantee he will make it out. This is as horrible as it sounds.

The worst is that he lives alone, there are no other relatives in the state, let along the town that he is in. His kids are abroad and I had to notify them. Right now we don't know if we should tell my Dad who is 83 and suffering from an illness himself.

I'm just putting it out there because my brain just wont register this...maybe for therapy...I'll be back when I have a chance again. In the meantime, take care of each other.

Over & out

2 comments:

PlumPetals said...

I am so sorry you are going through this. I'm actually dealing with something very similar right now - words can't explain the emotions - sometimes it's just numbness and things that you have to do, e.g. notify others, take care of legal/medical paperwork etc. just gets done on auto-pilot because it's too much to process.

My thoughts are with you. *hugs*

Laura Runs a Latte said...

Oh my goodness. I stopped by to see if you had participated in FMM this week but I see you have much bigger things going on right now. I know there are no words to put this in a better light, so just know that I'm thinking about you...