Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's a fake Wedding Mom, J-Lo has them all the time

I feel as if lately I have a lot of things to complain, so why stop now? :)
I hate technology. Ok~maybe not hate but I have a sort of hate-love-dislike relationship with it.

I seriously think technology is making us even more heartless and stupid. Don’t get me wrong, when it comes to medical issues, yes I’m all for new and improved methods (I HEART you Epidural). But I hate the fact that we are loosing the human touch.

I don’t care how efficient companies think they are, or how much it cost cost...talking to an answering machine like this is not my cup of coffee (I dont drink tea, remember?):
Please say or enter you 9 digit code
123456789
I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that. Please say or enter you 9 digit code
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9
I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that. Please say or enter you 9 digit code
Even slower 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9
I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that. Please say or enter you 9 digit code or say help.
Help
did you say setup?
NOOOOOO
I’m sorry. Please repeat again.
HELP
did you say loging?
No, no, no, no, help, help, help, help
I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that. Please say or enter you 9 digit code

ARRRRRRGG. $%^&* Hysterical isn’t? What happen to the Customer Service agent and the human touch? What happen to a speaking to a real live person?

Yeah, this doesn’t work for me. Another thing that bugs me is the PSP or DS game thingamajingy. I get that you want your kid to be quiet and all, but when you
go visit family and your kid WONT lift his head up to say hello there is a problem. I have boys. and yes, the oldest has a DS and he was dutily noted that he was not to walk around or go out with it. I know is not all of them but I had two kids in our family with issues with these things. One even went as far as peeing in his pants in order not to get up and leave the game. The other one recently told its Mom: “Mama, don’t talk to me when I’m playing”. She first laugh but then told him if he didn’t pay attention or responded to her it was going to be taken away.

Then the cell phones. Yes, they are convenient and useful in case of emergencies, but then you hear people walking on the supermarket with this conversation:
What you doing?...nah, nothing…I’m just walking in the market…you?...OK…did you know soup was THIS much? hahahaha…yeah…blahbiddy, blah, blah, ok, so bye!
Don’t get me started on the Movie Theater, bank, lines, etc…can’t that call just wait?. Do I really need to know that he is a cheating bastard and that you are gonna making him pay? Really? oh and the ring tones these days are hysterical…we had normal rings at one time, no Sean Paul asking me to “give him the light”. And don’t get me started on sexting and recording fights or even worst things…ugh…yeah, I’m NOT gonna go there because I may break into hives.


I remember the good old days (cause ya'know I'm old) and so wanna go back. I want to go back to calling someone at their house and if they are not there just actually calling then back. Heck even visiting if possible. Now everyone has at least 3 numbers to be located... and I cannot memorized all that, darn it.


How about a little privacy too while we're at it? I understand when you haven’t seen people for a while (sometimes decades) is so much fun to see they've befriended you on Facebook and you can chat for a bit. Believe me, having a son studying abroad makes this tool really helpful. At the same time I resent the lack of privacy. Updates like this: “@ the laundy doing my whites”, “I’m hungry”, “going to the Poconos/supermarket/Doctor/nail salon", "I'm constipated", etc. I mean, do we really need to know every.little.detail?

I remember when we use to go outside to play, meet with friends in real life instead of connecting thru a computer or texting. I remember passing notes instead. I remember not talking to friends when we got mad at them, instead of harassing them all over the net. I remember when I use to do things and not having to quickly turn to my phone so my facebook friends can hear all about my zit being the size of Mount Fuji. I remember my Mom yelling for us to come in to have dinner after a long successful afternoon climbing trees and playing outside. I remember using REAL words.


I’m not going to say that I don’t have these things, I do. I just hate that I live in a world where people respond to me with: IDK, TTYL, ROTFL, etc. I want to use technology for its advantages and not abuse it, I want people to be more aware of what you put out there may get you in trouble, may even hurt you or someone else. (BTW *did you catch that* Anyone seen the movie “Untraceable”). If you haven't go rent it.

It's so easy to find where you live, work, go to the gym, eat, and hang these days. Nothing is private. I just want to believe we can still be safe out there. That if one of my kids is being hurt, someone is going to use their cell phone to call for help instead of recording it. I want to believe that technology will make us feel closer to those who are far away, that is going to make my and every one's elses life easier. I know writing this on a blog is in itself an oxymoron, but I think you get where i'm coming from...you know...the left field, dress in heels and ready to rock.

No comments: