Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I got my Poodle Skirts, Cat Eye Glasses and Saddle Shoes...

I'm completely against the whole women's revolution. I really am. I think I should have been born in the 50's instead of this era.

Yes, very fun for me...yippee...we are equal to men, we get to go to work like them, and pay our own bills, and be independent, and I don't need no men to take care of me, and I can open my own dammed door, and I want to make as much as men do, and I can have my own house, and my own car, and I don't even need them to have kids anymore, and I get to go home alone with my cat fifi, and eat tuna together. Yeap, I'm independent woman. See where I'm getting at?

I know that I'm going to be crucified but honestly I don't know why being a feminist is so good.


OK, so we get to go to work like men do...only we still get to go home and take care of the house just as well, but we get so stress because we want to be good at it, and there's a list of never ending chores to do.

We get pay like they do, then we complaint when a guy ask for us to go half on a dinner out, or when we have to pay for our own stuff. We get to be independent, yet we complaint that men no longer believe in chivalry and there is very rare that you find a guy now days that open doors, picks up the bill, gets up to give us his seat and is a gentleman. We told them we didn't want that, that we wanted to be treated equally.

Fine. If you wanna go there and say we have the right to vote, the right to go to college and all that Jazz. But I like how in the 50's-60's that was YOUR option. If you wanted to go to school that was ok, but no one judge you if you wanted to be a stay at home mom like they do these days. I get it. Sometimes we don't have a choice. My Aunt Norma had 3 kids and was a single Mom after her divorce and had no choice but to work. I know that yes...sometimes those SAH moms would like (and should) get a day off. A day to go out and enjoy your girlfriends or sisters. And I probably would missed the hole camaraderie of work, but I can always meet people for lunch, or go shopping with them, or to the movies, or go to have coffee. I do it now and I have less time.

But the funny part is that we are now being judge BY WOMEN all the time. "Really, you are giving up your career to SAH, but Whyyyyyy?", "You enjoy staying at home and cooking for your husband!?", " You don't know the house bills?"

I personally would be so much happier to be at home, taking care of the house and our kids, baking and doing laundry and making sure when the hubs got home there was a nice meal for all of us to enjoy together as a family. I have people look at me weird because I like to serve my hubs his meals. It makes me happy that this little gesture makes him feel appreciated.

Right now our life is off the charts crazy. Financially I cannot stay home. But I would love to be home and enjoy my kids. Yes, I was independent and even own a home well before I met the hubs, but that's also because I never thought I would get marry. Is like in the movie "HITCH" when Will Smith says when women state: "This is a really bad time for me," or something like "I just need some space," or my personal favorite "I'm really into my career right now"And she may be into her career, but what she's really saying is "Uh, get away from me now," or maybe "Try Harder dummy". Lying! It's not a bad time for her. She doesn't need any space. ... no matter when, no matter who... any man has a chance to sweep any woman off her feet...they just need the right broom"


He is SO right. No matter what you say every woman in the world wants to be loved, be taken care off (not necessarily financially), wants to feel the butterflies...no matter what. Even a cynic like me that pretended to never wanted to be married, longed for a person I could cuddle on the couch while watching Law & Order. Someone to call when something is wrong or when that bitch from work is at it again or when your mother is driving you insane. But we don't give men a chance.

WE women had turn the men in our world into the self centered beings that they are. We told them we don't need them, we don't depend on them. Then we complaint. Don't get me wrong, my husband does help in the house and takes care of the baby...but so did my father and he is 82.

I don't mean that we have to be servant and go hand a beer to our husband while they're sitting in the recliner in front of the TV's, scratching his manhood. That's not what I mean at all. I mean we should be happy when we make the decision to stay home and take care of a family...which is the hardest most fulfilling job of all.








No comments: