Friday, April 2, 2010

Oy with the poodles already

So I spent my Wednesday afternoon talking to my OBGYN- also code word for most embarrassing medical appointment for a female. Anyhoooooo...here I was, laying in this comfy place *cough*, cover by a paper towel waiting for my Doctor.I have to say she is indeed very nice, and I think as a female she is trying her hardest to make this quick and comfortable as possible. Bless her. There is nothing comforting about having to show your Vajaijai to a stranger and wondering what they are thinking. All the while thinking to yourself : "I know I shaved but it doesn't look like a landing strip or a triangle...more like Dali did some of his impressionism art there."

So this time she spent a good chunk just talking to me and telling me what I already knew: I need to loose weight. I gain all the weight I lost with the pregnancy (YES- you read correct: I lost weight by being sick my.entire.pregnancy). And now I'm having dizzy spells and knee pain so she is doing some testing to make sure is not my thyroid or something like that.

She made a lot of suggestions such as more water, less soda, less frapuccinos full of sugars, measuring what you eat portion control. Also said to try to exercise during the weekend since my schedule is crazy. She said to make it a goal to exercise 3 times a week for 30 minutes. But I think what got me the most was when she mention about kids obesity and what example we are giving our kids. She is right, so I'm going to make an effort to do what she said. Loose those pounds slowly and be on my goal weight in a year... I know I can do it.

Good bye cruel world!

Over & out

No comments: